Fiskars products make the definitive cut for red dot success in 2013
Fiskars Corp. Press Release March 14, 2013
The Fiskars Group has garnered six red dot awards for product design for 2013. The internationally heralded design competition has recognized with awards Fiskars Edge knife series, Fiskars ServoCut™ shears for Home business and My First Fiskars® range of children’s tools and Fiskars SmartFit™ bypass pruner for Garden. Also in the award list are Leborgne’s Nanovib™ hammer and an EbertSankey pot.
The red dot design award, whose origins reach back to the 1950s, has established itself internationally as one of the most appreciated quality seals for outstanding designs. It is only conferred to particularly creative, innovative, and high-quality products. Overall, Fiskars stood out against over 1,800 manufacturers and designers from 54 countries in this year’s competition all looking to receive the quality seal for aesthetic forms and lasting trends.
- The My First Fiskars® range of tools including a set of four stick tools and a unique box set fulfils a dedicated mission to bring children’s tools to the market that above all meet their needs for all seasons and years of creative exploration. The shapes, sizes, material, colours and in particular handle design are the result of numerous field tests and feedback from children.
- For avid gardeners, the ambidextrous Fiskars SmartFit™ bypass pruner has been designed to fit perfectly into all hands and has an adjustable cutting capacity to suit the given task.
- On the home front, Fiskars ServoCut™ shears are premium shears designed for cutting extra-thick materials. Based on tests performed during product development, the ServoCut™ functionality doubles the cutting performance compared to general purpose scissors.
- The new Fiskars Edge knife range is a modern take on perhaps the most essential tool in any kitchen. Its progressive edgy look follows the strong trend of sleek, fully black design. The Edge knife series was developed by Danish designer, Tobias Wandrup, whose Functional Form knife series for Fiskars lready won the Red Dot design award in 2006.
- Also included in the red dot product design awards for 2013 was the Leborgne Nanovib® hammer which cleverly reduces the risk of repetitive strain injury (RSI) by dampening vibrations through a patented system.
- Finally, the three-sided EbertSankey Helsinki pot with its clean Scandinavian lines, pleasant textural surface and structural lightness thanks to the rotation moulding process also received the prestigious red dot design Award for 2013.
Mark Woods, PR Specialist, Fiskars Garden, tel. +358 20 439 5113
Merja Luostarinen, Marketing Manager Fiskars Kitchen, tel. +358 20439 5015
Fiskars is a leading global supplier of consumer products for the home, garden and outdoors. The group has a strong portfolio of respected international brands, including Fiskars, Iittala and Gerber. Founded in 1649 and listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki, Fiskars is Finland’s oldest company. Fiskars recorded net sales of EUR 748 million in 2012, and employs some 4,100 people in over 20 countries. www.fiskarsgroup.com