Effective date 22 February 2021
Fiskars Group is committed to ensuring the privacy of personal data it collects and controls. Fiskars guarantees that all personal data is used for only such purposes which are clearly communicated to the individuals and on an appropriate legal basis.
We have developed this notice to explain to you how we use your personal data in connection with our recruitment process and what rights you do have as a data subject in respect to the personal data we process.
Lawful basis of processing
Your personal data will be processed based on our legitimate interests, in which case we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing for the purpose of managing and completing recruitment processes (“legitimate interests”), and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms.
If any tests are completed by you as a part of the employment process, the processing of personal data in this case will be based on a legitimate interest of Fiskars. Such tests may be performed by third parties, who will provide Fiskars with the results. You may object to participation to such tests and also object to us getting the results from these tests. As a result, however, you may then not be eligible for the applied position.
We may also process your personal data based on your consent, in which case we have obtained your prior express consent (written, verbal or online) to the processing of your personal data (this legal basis is only used in relation to processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way).
In certain cases, the processing may also be necessary for compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
What data do we collect?
During the recruitment process, you may be asked to provide certain personal information, such as
- your name and contact information
- demographic information: gender, date of birth or age, language, title or degree
- your education
- work skills
- declaration of your interests
- employment history
- driver’s license, IT-skills, language proficiencies, readiness to work abroad
- you may also able to upload documents such as CVs, cover letters and pictures containing personal data
- your LinkedIn profile
If you were requested to take any tests as a part of the recruitment process, such as, but not limited to cognitive ability test, the test result data may be processed as a part of our recruitment decision-making process.
Do we collect data from third parties?
We may collect your personal data from publicly available sources (such as LinkedIn). If background checks are included in the process, we will receive necessary data from qualified vendors. If reference checks are included in the process, we will also collect your personal data from the persons you have indicated as appropriate references in your application process.
How do we use your data?
We will use the personal data submitted by you for the following purposes:
- Evaluating your job application;
- Reviewing your qualifications and making hiring decisions;
- Communicating with you in relation to the recruitment;
- Matching the qualifications to any opening positions within the given time frame;
- In case of a hire, personal data is used for setting up an employee number and account.
Additionally, we may also process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Producing recruitment statistics;
- Resolving disputes and/or as a part of a legal defense, if necessary;
- In order to ensure the information security.
Generally, we will store and process your personal data for recruitment purposes for 12 months after you have submitted your application. You may at any time withdraw your consent by contacting us at the contact details given below. In case you withdraw your consent for processing your personal data for further recruitment purposes, we will no longer store or process your personal data for the purpose of possible future recruitment processes. However, we may still store and process certain personal data used for the initial recruitment process, if we have lawful grounds to store and process such data. In such case, your personal data will be deleted in accordance with the storage periods set out below.
How long is your data stored?
Your data will be stored by us during the duration of the recruitment process. Thereafter we may retain your personal data for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise or defend any legal rights.
You may have given a consent on storing your data for a time period exceeding the recruitment process, in which case the data is removed permanently after this time period expires.
How do we disclose your data to third parties?
Except as described below, we do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to a third party.
We disclose your personal data only to following third parties:
- Affiliates and third party processors. We may disclose your personal data to Fiskars group companies and authorized third party processors who process the data for us. All such processing is based on our prior instructions set out in a binding contract that is compliant with the requirements of applicable law and is conducted in accordance with this privacy notice.
- International transfers. In connection with the recruitment process, we may utilize services which are provided using resources and servers located in various countries, partly located outside of EU/EEA. Therefore, your personal data may be transferred across international borders outside your domicile or the country in which you use our services. In the event that your personal data are transferred outside of EU/EEA, we will ensure that any such transfer is covered by appropriate contractual measures (e.g., using European Commissions Standard Contractual Clauses), that the transfer has an appropriate legal basis, and that the data processing and confidentiality fulfills the requirements in relevant laws. You may obtain a copy of the relevant Standard Contractual Clauses (where applicable) by contacting us using the details set out in below.
- Lawful requests. We may be required by the mandatory requirements of applicable law, or for the purposes of responding to legal proceedings or other lawful requests to disclose your personal data to authorities or third parties.
- Protection of our interests and combating fraud. We may also disclose or otherwise process your personal data, in accordance with applicable law, to defend our legitimate interests (for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings) and when combating fraud.
- Mergers and acquisitions. In the event of any sale, consolidation or reorganization of our businesses (for example mergers and acquisitions), we may disclose your personal data to prospective or actual purchasers or their advisers, where appropriate.
How do we safeguard your personal data?
Information security and ensuring appropriate protection of personal data of job applicants is vital for us. We and our service providers strive to implement organizational and technical security measures to set appropriate level of protection of information and to prevent and detect disclosure of personal data to unauthorized parties.
Rights to the use of our recruitment database are restricted to Fiskars Group recruiters and employees involved in recruitment. We strive to store all recruitment data in electronic format only. Any temporary manual copies of your personal data will be stored in restricted files of the involved employees and in premises, to which only authorized employees have an access.
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your personal data. Specifically, we use practices accepted generally in our branch and systems to protect against unauthorized access to our systems. Only our appointed personnel and third party companies operating on behalf of us or on our assignment (referred to as “Authorized Third Parties”) are entitled to access or process your personal data.
All persons processing such data must receive individual accreditation. Different levels of access have been created based on the type of data a person needs to access or process according to his/her job description. Our systems are fire-wall protected. Manually stored and processed documents which may contain your personal data are stored in locked and fireproof premises. Only specifically authorized personnel of ours or Authorized Third Parties are entitled to access such premises or process such data. All Fiskars personnel or personnel from Authorized Third Parties who are granted access to your personal data are required to keep such data confidential.
What rights do you have regarding your data?
|Right of information||You may check what information we have collected and retained about you, unless applicable laws otherwise stipulate.|
|Right of access||You have the right to request access to, or copies of, your personal data, together with information regarding the nature, processing and disclosure of those data|
|Object the processing||You may object to the processing of your personal data in situations where the data is processed on a legitimate interest, see section 2 above. Please do note, however, that this may lead to us not being able to continue processing of your job application.|
|Withdraw a consent||You may withdraw any consent given by you|
|Right of rectification, deletion and restriction||You may require that incorrect, unnecessary, defective or outdated personal data are corrected or removed.Should you believe that we process your data which is not accurate; the processing is illegal; we are not processing your data in accordance with the processing purpose or you want to oppose the processing, you may contact us to request the erasure, or restrictions on the processing, of your data. Please note that we will investigate your request reasonably promptly, before deciding what action to take. Please do note, however, that this may lead to us not being able to continue processing of your job application.|
Fiskars does not use any automated decision making as a part of its recruitment processes.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, for instance the Finnish Data Protection Ombudsman, www.tietosuoja.fi
Revisions to this policy
Our contact point
In any questions or queries regarding your data in a recruitment process, you are welcome to contact your Fiskars Group recruiter directly, or if recruiter contact info is not available you can direct your inquiry to our company wide Personal Data Group at firstname.lastname@example.org :
For privacy enquiries: email@example.com