Our brand portfolio includes beloved brands that travel. Our purpose is to make the everyday extraordinary. Our vision is to create a positive, lasting impact on everyone’s quality of life. We act with transparency and integrity in all areas related to privacy. For us, privacy is more than compliance. Privacy is built into all Fiskars Group’s operations by design and default.
Effective date 4 May 2022
Consumer feedback and questions.
1. What data do we collect?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Information provided directly by you – such as name, email address, telephone number, information related to any accounts you may have created, your consents and similar;
- Information collected when our websites or interactive products or services are used – such as the web browser you use, your IP address and for how long have you stayed on our website, cookie information (if you have allowed them) and similar;
- Information related to your purchases and other business with us – for example your purchases, participation in any contests, visits to our premises or stores, contacts with customer service and similar; and
- Information collected from other sources which may be combined with the user account details – such as updated delivery information from delivery agents and public sources.
Please note that we do not directly collect any payment information. All payment data is securely collected and processed by authorized third party payment service providers on our behalf.
Information we collect directly from you:
- Contact details: your name, email address(es), telephone number, postal address;
- Demographic information: gender, date of birth or age, language, title or degree, income information, accommodation information, household size;
- Official identification, such as a copy of a passport or driver’s license, if we need to officially identify you;
- Your status-based entitlement to discounts;
- Information related to your account: payment type or method, encrypted password;
- Any consents, communications and feedback that you provide to us;
- Personal interests notified by you;
- Work-related information provided by you: your company/employer’s name and contact details;
- Gift purchase information: the recipient’s name, contact address, delivery address(es), telephone number and email address(es); and
- Other information collected based on your prior, express and voluntary consent (including public social media profiles).
Information collected when our websites or interactive products or services are used:
- Your user account identity and registration date (if you are logged in);
- Your browser, operating system, device model, IP-address, time of access and duration of access;
- Websites through which our website was accessed, pages on our website browsed by you, all other actions with our website during your website visit (e.g. interactions, referral sites, key search words);
- Cookies and other identification tags;
- Marketing information: the benefits, campaigns and services directed or offered to the customer and your use of them; and
- Other information collected based on your consent.
Information related to your purchases, other business with us and participation in promotions:
- Information on orders, deliveries, payment methods, billing address(es), delivery address(es), and other information related to any business you may do with Fiskars (returns, reclamations, discounts received etc.);
- Your contacts with Customer Service and communication with you;
- Your participation in and interaction related to our promotions and contests;
- Surveillance camera footage from cameras placed within our premises and other areas covered by the camera surveillance; and
- Any information or consents provided by you to our personnel during your visit.
Information collected from other sources which may be combined with your user account:
- If you have connected to any Fiskars website, service or social media channel using your social media profile(s), we may collect the public information available on your social media profile(s);
- Information from third parties to complement the data collected by us, within the boundaries of applicable laws;
- Information from public registers maintained by authorities, if such registers are available in your country, also for status verification purposes; and
- Updated delivery and contact information from delivery service providers.
2. How does Fiskars use your personal data?
We may collect your personal data to offer you our products and services. We also want to give you a smooth shopping experience and operate and maintain our websites and services effectively. In detail, we may process your personal data for the following purposes:
I. Offering products, marketing and personalizing
We want to offer you the most interesting products and services and therefore we may analyze, derive information or draw inferences of your interests, preferences and reflections based on the information we collect and create profiles based on your data.
- Direct marketing through mail or telephone, including text messages;
- Electronic marketing such as emails and other electronic messages; and
- Digital online marketing (e.g. displays, search engine marketing) – this is why you may see advertisements for our products on other websites.
II. Customer Loyalty Programs
We use your personal data for managing customer loyalty programs and other user accounts, also providing you customer service and making sure it is up to our standards.
If you have registered with our customer loyalty program, or created a user account for any of our websites, we may process your personal data for the purpose of providing you with the benefits and services available in our customer loyalty program and informing you of any changes.
III. Customer Service and product warranties
Our Customer Service team may process your personal data if you contact them. Your calls to the Customer Service team may be recorded, in which case you will be informed of such recording beforehand. We may connect the personal data collected by the Customer Service team with other personal data, such as your purchase history, which enables us to provide you with as efficient and personal service as possible.
Sometimes Customer Service may need to verify that you are really you – for that purpose, we may need to ask for your official identification. Your personal data may also be processed for warranty-related activities, such as activating the warranty, claims related to warranties and registering additional warranties for certain items.
IV. Product and service development
Such measures may include, for example:
- Surveys/research conducted via our websites: We may use questionnaire tools on our websites from time to time to improve our customer experience.
- Loyal customer community: To improve our services and our loyalty program to meet our customers’ needs we may provide you with surveys or research questions concerning our products and services (whether in hard copy or online).
We use aggregated and/or anonymized data for reporting purposes. Such data have been aggregated and/or anonymized and cannot be used to identify you. We use such data to analyze the realization of our commercial objectives, such as effectiveness of our product campaigns.
V. Product and services orders
If you have ordered products or services from any of our web stores or physical stores, we may process your personal data for the purposes of processing your order(s), but also for returns and reclamations, and managing the service agreement(s) between you and us, such as for rental services. Please note that details on payment methods, such as your credit card number or similar, are not stored in our systems. Instead, payment data are provided by you directly to our third-party payment services providers.
VI. Detection, investigation and prevention of unlawful activities
We may use your data for investigating suspected unlawful activities. We may also provide your information to law enforcement authorities based on their request or based on a legal basis defined in any applicable law, for prevention and investigation of fraud and other unlawful activities. We may disclose your personal data to any party in response to an order from a court of competent jurisdiction.
VII. Workshops, events, campaigns, contest and sweepstakes
We may provide you invitations to contests and sweepstakes. If you participate in contest or sweepstakes in our stores, the data you have provided will be processed only for the purposes of organizing and administrating the contest or sweepstakes, as well as communicating with you if you are the winner. We may also use your data for organizing events, workshops and campaigns – to identify you, verify your participation and also afterwards, as we may need to process your data, for example, for sending you the items you have created in our workshops.
3. For how long is your personal data stored?
Our general data retention period for any consumer data is 3 years. There are however certain exceptions to this, and your data may be stored for as long as it is necessary for the purpose of collection plus the applicable period for limitation of legal claims, and any additional periods required or permitted under applicable law.
To ensure that you receive news, offers and other information you are interested in, you may be asked to update your data when you use your webstore account or when you purchase products in any of our local stores.
We may also have specific data retention periods for campaigns or promotions. If we have, for example, communicated that your data will be stored only for the duration of the campaign and a 60-days defined period thereafter, we apply this specific retention period.
We may retain your personal data for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise or defend any legal rights.
4. In what situations is your personal data disclosed to other parties?
We do not disclose or transfer your data to third parties, except for processors and approved third parties. We do not sell, lease or rent your data. Your data are adequately protected if transferred internationally.
We disclose your personal data to the parties indicated below and for the following reasons:
- Affiliates and third-party processors
We may disclose your personal data to Fiskars group companies and authorized third party vendors which process the data for us. Such disclosures may include payment services providers, companies that facilitate your orders, delivery companies, customer service teams, and companies that analyze and manage consumer data for us, conduct credit checks, market research and marketing campaigns. These authorized third parties may use your data to perform contracted services on our behalf and to employ reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your data.
- International transfers
Our services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries, partly outside of the EU/EEA. Therefore, your personal data may be transferred across international borders outside the country in which you use our services. If personal data is transferred outside the EU/EEA, we will ensure that transfer is based on at least one of the transfer principles and bases provided for in Chapter V, General Data Protection Regulation.
- Requests based on legislation and protection of our interests
We may be required by the binding requirements of applicable law, or for the purposes of responding to legal proceedings or other lawful requests, to disclose your personal data to authorities or third parties. We may also disclose or otherwise process your personal data, in accordance with applicable law, to defend our legitimate interests (for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings) and when combating fraud.
- Mergers and acquisitions
In the event of any sale, consolidation or reorganization of our businesses (for example mergers and acquisitions), we may disclose your personal data to prospective or actual purchasers or their advisers, with adequate protections, where appropriate.
5. On what lawful basis do we process your personal data?
We collect your personal data based on one or more of the following legal bases:
- we have obtained your consent (written, verbal or online) to the processing of your personal
data – You have a right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data, at
any time, by contacting Customer Service team ;
- the processing is necessary in connection with any contract between Fiskars and you – for
example, if you have purchased products from us, registered to a loyalty program or
registered a product warranty or similar;
- we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing for the purpose of managing,
operating or promoting our business or protection of property or crime; and that legitimate
interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms; or
- we have a legal obligation to process your personal data.
6. Do we process the personal data of children?
We do not seek to collect personal data of children. Children may occasionally be recorded on our camera surveillance footage if they visit or are nearby our premises or stores. Product orders and registering with our loyalty programs will only be accepted by us if you are 18 years old or older.
7. How do we protect your personal data?
We have implemented a variety of appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or unauthorized access, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of processing. The safeguards include, for example, firewall protection of our systems and storing physical documents in locked and fireproof premises. Further, the databases and their backup copies can be accessed only by certain pre-designated persons; all persons processing personal data will need to have an individual accreditation; only specifically authorized personnel of ours or authorized third parties are entitled to access our premises or process data; and anyone who is granted access to your personal data is required to keep such data confidential. Different levels of access have been created based on the type of data a person needs to access or process according to his/her job description. However, no security measures are 100% effective, and if you are concerned about the security of your information, you do not have to submit your information to us.
8. What are your rights and options and how can you use them?
We hope to ensure that the personal data we process are accurate at all times and therefore we encourage you to update your information in your own account when any changes occur.
You may choose not to provide your personal data to us
Some features of our websites and other services may not be fully available to you if you choose not to give us your personal data (e.g. we may not process your orders without the necessary details).
You may access your data
You may request access to, or copies of, your personal data. You may also have information regarding the nature, processing and disclosure of your data.
You may unsubscribe from direct marketing
We include an unsubscribe link in all electronic marketing messages we send to you. You may withdraw your consent to direct marketing at any time. If you do so, we will update our databases, and will not send you further direct marketing, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any products or services you have requested.
You may check and edit your personal data
Should you have an online user account, you may edit your personal data directly yourself. If not, you may contact our Customer Service, who will, upon your request and as soon as possible, correct, remove or complete the information which is incorrect, unnecessary, lacking or outdated.
You may block and delete cookies
You may request the erasure or restriction of processing your data
Should you believe that your personal data is inaccurate, the processing of it is illegal, we are not processing your data in accordance with the processing purpose, or you want to oppose the processing, you may contact our Customer Service team to request the erasure of or restrictions on the processing of your data. Please note that we will investigate your request reasonably promptly, before deciding what action to take.
You may object the processing of your data
You may have the right to object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data.
You may withdraw your consent
You may at any time withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. If your consent is withdrawn, it does not prevent us from processing your personal data based on other lawful bases, such as for requirements set forth for us under applicable laws. However, it should be noted that your account(s) on our web store(s) will be removed, and advantages granted to you via your account will be reset. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing performed prior to the withdrawal.
You may have your data transferred to another provider
You have the right to data portability, which means you may have your personal data transferred to another controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to the extent applicable.
You may lodge a claim with the supervisory authority
Should you believe that our processing of your personal data infringes your legal rights, you may lodge a claim with your local supervisory authority. Please do see a list for supervisory authorities’ websites here (Link to EU Commission’s website) and in the section 10.
Please note that upon exercising any of the rights listed above, you may be requested to provide additional information for identification purposes. Such additional information shall not be used for any other purpose and will be removed after successful identification.
10. Local Terms
A. Notice for California Residents
Fiskars, and each of its separately branded businesses, provides the information contained in this Section 10 to California Consumers to supplement the above notice of Fiskars’ privacy practices, which applies to you to the extent relevant to your use of our services. This section 10.A. only applies to individuals residing in the State of California who are considered “Consumers” under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and from whom we collect “Personal Information” as described in the CCPA.
Sales of Personal Information
As noted in section 4 above, we do not sell consumer personal information as the term is traditionally understood. The CCPA, however, defines personal information broadly so that it could include targeted advertising. So, to the extent selling under the CCPA includes targeted advertising, the following categories of personal information were sold within the last twelve (12) months:
Online identifiers associated with a device use to interact with our digital properties or advertisements (such as device ID, cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or similar technologies)
Internet and other electronic network activity information associated with a device used to interact with digital properties or advertisements
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise your data rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
For Gerber customers:
- Calling us at 1-800-950-6161.
- Contacting our Customer Service: https://www.gerbergear.com/en-us/support/contact
For Fiskars and Gilmour customers:
- Calling us at 1-866-348-5661.
- Contacting our Customer Service: https://www.fiskars.com/en-us/customer-service/contact-us
For Wedgwood, Waterford, Iittala, Royal Copenhagen
- Calling us at 1-877-720-3485.
- Contacting our Customer Service: https://www.wedgwood.com/en-us/contact-us
- By Mail at: Fiskars Living US, LLC., 1330 Campus Parkway, Wall, NJ, 07753
Only you, or an authorized agent, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. If you are an authorized agent wishing to make that request, please contact our customer service and we will send you a form with the required information.
California residents may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
All verifiable consumer requests must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Please note that upon exercising any of the rights listed above, you may be requested to provide additional information for identification purposes. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. Such additional information shall not be used for any other purpose and will be removed after successful identification.
If you have an account with us, we may deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Fiskars will not discriminate against you because you exercise your rights. For example, Fiskars will not deny you goods or services or charge you a different price or rate for goods or services if you make a request relating to your personal information.
The Royal Copenhagen Collector’s Club is a voluntary loyalty program that offers you certain benefits if you join. In order to join, you need to register by providing us some personal information. In California, we are required to inform you that our loyalty program offers financial incentives that may result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Through these offerings, consumers provide us with some personal information (e.g., names, emails, phone numbers) when they opt-in to our programs. There is no obligation to opt-in and consumers may opt-out at any time. The details of the loyalty program are contained in the program offering. We offer these programs, among other things, to enhance our relationship with you so you can enjoy more of our products/services at a lower price and obtain other warranty benefits. We invest heavily in our marketing and brands, in part, so we can provide programs to our customers. Consumer data is valuable to our business only when it is combined with a sufficient number of other consumer data and after it is enhanced by our efforts herein described. The value to our business of any individual consumer’s personal information is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, whether and to what extent you take advantage of any offerings, whether and to what extent you opt out of any offerings, and whether we are able to enhance the data through our efforts herein described. Our ability to create any value from the programs is heavily based on our ability to leverage said intellectual properties. We do not calculate the value of consumer data in our accounting statements.
Browser do not track
Our sites do not support Do Not Track (DNT) at this time. DNT is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites. For more details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
B. Notice for Australia & New Zealand Residents
International Transfers: In relation to Section 4 above, we may disclose your personal data to parties in a number of countries, including Australia, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the United States of America. From time to time we will need to disclose your personal data to parties in other countries not on this list. This will be on an ad-hoc or case-by-case basis and for the purposes for which we collected your personal data.
Complaints: If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may bring a complaint by contacting our Customer Service team. We will investigate your complaint and a response will be given in writing within a reasonable period. We expect that our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, Australia residents can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and New Zealand residents can contact the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
New Zealand Privacy Commissioner:
For New Zealand residents, nothing herein shall limit your rights under the Privacy Act 2020.
C. Notice for Hong Kong, SAR, Residents
If you have any questions or need more information concerning our collection and handling of your personal data, please contact our Customer Service team.
D. Notice for the People’s Republic of China Residents
For how long is your personal data stored: Unless otherwise stipulated by laws and administrative regulations, we only retain your personal information for the minimum period necessary for achieving the purpose of processing, and we will delete or anonymize your personal information we hold upon the expiration of the retention period.
International Transfers: We will store your personal information on our servers in the People’s Republic of China, where we really need to provide your personal information outside the territory of the People’s Republic of China due to business or other needs, we shall meet any of the following conditions:
- passing the security evaluation organized by the Cyberspace Administration of China;
- being certified by a specialized agency for protection of personal information in accordance with the provisions of the Cyberspace Administration of China;
- entering into a contract with the overseas recipient under the standard contract formulated by the Cyberspace Administration of China, specifying the rights and obligations of both parties;
- meeting other conditions prescribed by laws, administrative regulations or the Cyberspace Administration of China.
We will take necessary measures to ensure that the activities of processing personal information by the overseas recipient meet the standards for protection of personal information as prescribed herein.
To provide your personal information to an overseas recipient outside the territory of the People’s Republic of China, we will inform you of such matters as the name of the overseas recipient, contact information, purpose and method of processing, type of personal information and the method and procedure for you to exercise the rights stipulated herein against the overseas recipient, and shall obtain your separate consent.
Without the approval of the competent authorities of the People’s Republic of China, we will not provide your personal information stored within the territory of the People’s Republic of China to foreign judicial or law enforcement authorities.
Impact Assessment on Personal Information Protection Beforehand: Under any of the following circumstances, we shall conduct an impact assessment on personal information protection beforehand and keep a record of the handling:
- processing sensitive personal information;
- making use of personal information to make automatic decision-making;
- entrusting others to process personal information, providing other personal information processors with personal information and publicizing personal information;
- providing personal information to overseas parties; or
- other personal information processing activities that have significant impact on personal rights and interests.
Mergers and acquisitions: Where we need to transfer your personal information due to merger, division, dissolution or declaration of bankruptcy, etc., we will inform you of the name and contact information of the recipient. The recipient shall continue to fulfill its obligations as a personal information processor. Where the recipient changes the original purpose and method of processing, it shall obtain the consent of you anew.
Rules for Processing Sensitive Personal Information: Sensitive personal information refers to the personal information that is likely to result in damage to the personal dignity of any natural person or damage to his or her personal or property safety once disclosed or illegally used, including such information as biometric identification, religious belief, specific identity, medical health, financial account and whereabouts and tracks, as well as the personal information of minors under the age of 14. Only for a specific purpose and sufficient necessity, and strict protection measures have been taken, may we process your sensitive personal information subject to your separate consent, after we inform you of the necessity of processing your sensitive personal information and the impact on your personal rights and interests, except for the circumstances that may be exempted from informing you of such information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Please consider carefully before you consent us to process your sensitive personal information.
Automatic Decision-making: Where we make use of your personal information to make automatic decision, we will ensure the transparency of the decision-making and the fairness and impartiality of the results, and will not impose unreasonable discriminatory treatment on individuals in respect of the transaction price and transaction conditions. Information pushing and commercial marketing to you through automatic decision- making will be accompanied by options that do not target your personal characteristics, or convenient rejection ways will be provided to you. Where a decision is made through automatic decision-making that has a significant impact on your rights and interests, you have the right to require us to make an explanation and reject the decision made by us only through automatic decision-making.
E. Notice for Japan Residents
We may share your personal data among our group companies as described below.
Entities that may receive your personal data:
Fiskars Oyj and its affiliates, including Fiskars Japan Co., Ltd., may receive the personal data listed above in Section 1 (“What data do we collect?”) and use that personal data in the manner described above in Section 2 (“How does Fiskars use your personal data?”)
Party responsible for managing your personal data:
Senior Legal Counsel
Fiskars Japan Co., Ltd
Kowa Nibancho Bldg. 4F, 11-19, Nibancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0084
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
F.Notice for South Korea Residents
With regard to information we collect directly from you listed in section 1 above, only official identification information that does not include resident registration numbers may be collected. This may include passport number or driver’s license number but not scans of the documents.
|Entrustee||Contents of entrusted work|
|Logen. Co. Ltd||Order Management and Delivery|
|LG U+||Payment processing according to customer order|
|Wise Kit Inc.||Online mall management|
|Lunasoft Co., Ltd.||Kakao Talk notification (information message) sending|
Information on Kakao Talk Notification Implementation: We notify you of non-advertisement information such as membership registration, order information, and delivery information via Kakao Talk notification. If the information provided via Kakao Talk notification is used over a mobile communication network other than Wi-Fi, data charges may occur while receiving notifications. If you do not want to receive notifications sent through Kakao Talk, be sure to block notifications.
- Trustee: Lunasoft Co., Ltd.
- Personal information provider: Kakao Co., Ltd.
- Consignment work: Kakao Talk notification (information message) sending
- Collection items: mobile phone number, order information, delivery information
- Retention period: At the time of membership withdrawal or statutory retention period
Destruction of Personal Information: We retain personal information only for as long as we have a lawful purpose to use it. When we no longer need to use it, we securely destroy it. The procedure and method of destroying personal information are as follows.
- Destruction Procedure: We select the personal information for which the reason for destruction occurred and destroys the personal information with the approval of our privacy officer.
- Destruction Method: We destroy personal information recorded and stored in the form of electronic files so that the records cannot be reproduced, and destroys personal information recorded and stored in paper documents by shredding or incineration.
Measures to Ensure Safety of Personal Information: We takes the following measures to ensure the safety of personal information.
- Administrative measures: Establishment and implementation of internal management plans, regular employee training, etc.
- Technical measures: management of access rights such as personal information processing system, installation of access control system, encryption of unique identification information, installation of security programs
- Physical measures: Access control of the computer room, data storage room, etc.
Privacy Officer: We designate a privacy officer as follows to take full responsibility for the handling of personal information and to deal with complaints and relief from damages of data subjects related to personal information processing.
Name : Johan Hedberg
Position: Representative Director
Contact: 02-749-2002, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the privacy officer for all personal information protection related inquiries, complaints, damage relief, etc. that occurred while the data subject used our services.
You may also contact the following organizations if you need to report or consult about personal information protection-related matters:
- Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee (https://www.kopico.go.kr / 1833-6972)
- Personal Information Infringement Report Center (https://privacy.kisa.or.kr / 118)
- Supreme Prosecutors’ Office Cyber Investigation Division (https://www.spo.go.kr / 1301)
- National Police Agency Electric Cybercrime Report & Management System (https://ecrm.cyber.go.kr / 182)